• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Setting up a ltd company for a job I've already started

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's quite possible to set up a Ltd a little after the event, so long as the contracting route isn't muddied by you initially signing up as a sole trader, as the others have said the agencies haven't been allowed to deal with people on that basis for years so odds are you've not signed one off yet.

It's true the insurances situation is a tad screwy, but invoicing wise it's simple enough once the contract is agreed and you plonk in an invoice.

Not unprecedented either as some of the accountants will no doubt be able to attest. I actually set my own current MyCo Ltd up a few weeks into a contract, I had originally intended to go Umbrella for the role for a few reasons and those changed, new contract issued and job jobbed.

Comment

Working...
    X