• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage with time off between contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
    Nationwide look at a rolling 12 month period during which you can have up to 3 months out of contract.
    COOP look at 2 years of accounts. Although I was already with the COOP and have £200k in equity.
    Most IFAs won;t be able to offer the COOP so give them a ring.
    Nationwide are also good with higher risk mortgages (first time buyer and I'm assuming no more than 10% deposit).
    Deposit is the key to unlocking the deals though.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      COOP look at 2 years of accounts. Although I was already with the COOP and have £200k in equity.
      Most IFAs won;t be able to offer the COOP so give them a ring.
      Nationwide are also good with higher risk mortgages (first time buyer and I'm assuming no more than 10% deposit).
      Deposit is the key to unlocking the deals though.
      Thanks for this! I will be approaching Natwest & HSBC directly as they do not use brokers so need to work directly with them. I will add Nationwide to the list

Comment

Aren't all these applications going to crash your credit score or are you getting refused before they get that far?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Aren't all these applications going to crash your credit score or are you getting refused before they get that far?
          I'm getting refused even before I get that far. Some brokers actually phoned up the underwriters so see whether it's worth processing the application which is great on my behalf. Can't fault the brokers I've been working with so far

Comment

Working...
          X