• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

question about transferring assets before closing company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about transferring assets before closing company

I'm just about to send in form DS01 [1] to close a company down but before doing so I wanted to know if there was any paperwork which is needed for transferring physical assets like a laptop etc from the company into my personal possesion?

It's only the one computer and it's not worth much but after sending off form ds01 it says that any assets remaining will be passed to the Crown so I want to make sure that no claim can be made for it or any fines incurred through not declaring the transfer before sending it.

[1] ; https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-register-ds01

I've never known crown enquire about small value assets on closure, it would cost them way more to enforce than any value in old IT kit.

If you wanted to be very safe and the value is material do an invoice to yourself from company, but 99% of people don't bother.

Comment

Working...
    X