• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Embarrassed - VAT not paid by agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent View Post
    I disagree, if he didn't need a helpful reply then he wouldn't have posted a question. As he's mentioned about, he's looking for anyone that's had similar experience.

Much of a muchness either way, I just see you post 'ask an accountant' on so many posts without actually sharing any of your personal experience. Just odd that you'd bother each time... but let's move on.

OP - hope you get it sorted, sounds like you'll be able to catchup on invoicing which is good news for the flat rate return!
    Thanks, and as I said to my accountant.. I'm learning more and more about tax, vat, corporation tax, flat rate etc as each and every day passes. I'm still a noob obviously and enjoying the learning process.. however I'm keen to not make too many costly mistakes. This one is right up there mainly because of my naivety.. and I expect my original accountancy firm assuming that I knew what to do.. you live and learn

thanks again
    Last edited by choci; 13 September 2016, 08:31.

Comment

If you want I can edit your name out of the posts you've made so far.

NLUK and Agent. Desist.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by choci View Post
        I just wanted to see if anyone would have any past experience of such a similar folly..
        A long time ago I joined a contractors internet forum looking for good advice :
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
          I just see you post 'ask an accountant' on so many posts without actually sharing any of your personal experience. Just odd that you'd bother each time... but let's move on.
          You're not the first person to wonder about this

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Just do it!
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Hmm. That needs updating doesn't.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Haha, brilliant and so accurate

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Quit putting your name after your posts.

Some posters have been uncovered by agents and clients asking sensitive questions so putting your first name however common helps this even more.
                  Thanks, I've removed it where I could.

atb

Comment

NLUK and Agent. Desist.
                    Yes please.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

NLUK and Agent. Desist.
                      Could you remove client and agency names too please?

Comment

Working...
                      X