Working for a US company in the UK with maybe European work Working for a US company in the UK with maybe European work - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 54
  1. #21

    Banned


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    128

    Default

    What about secondment from your UK ltd to Denmark?
    Or it wont work due to being the only director?

  2. #22

    Double Godlike!

    stek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    11,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kolata View Post
    What about secondment from your UK ltd to Denmark?
    Or it wont work due to being the only director?
    Second one.....

  3. #23

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gremlinsky View Post

    I think what I need to do is to find out exactly what I'm going to be required to do and where before wasting everyone's time with half questions.
    Yep plus the list of countries you may go to.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  4. #24

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kolata View Post
    What about secondment from your UK ltd to Denmark?
    Or it wont work due to being the only director?
    I found this rather old but interesting article - linky

    It's explains the economic employer vs employer of record model.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  5. #25

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stek View Post
    People do get away with it but all it needs is a government tax audit of clientco, trace back via agentco and then a letter to contractorco asking how you want to pay the tax arrears to the Danish State plus penalties plus interest.
    It is not getting away, especially considering its not a one man company (its a 1+1 company) and one person stays in the UK looking after the company affairs.

  6. #26

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I've had my MSA (Master Service Agreement) and SOW (Statement of Work) from the company in the US.

    They stated I must be eligible to work in Denmark and Finland but have not specified when I'll be working there or for how long.

  7. #27

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gremlinsky View Post
    I've had my MSA (Master Service Agreement) and SOW (Statement of Work) from the company in the US.

    They stated I must be eligible to work in Denmark and Finland but have not specified when I'll be working there or for how long.
    Congrats.
    Last edited by itjobs; 27th September 2016 at 09:07.

  8. #28

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itjobs View Post
    Congrats.
    Why congrats! I'm still utterly confused and seeking out some help from ITS International (anyone know them?) - they were recommended on the IPSE site.

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gremlinsky View Post
    Why congrats! I'm still utterly confused and seeking out some help from ITS International (anyone know them?) - they were recommended on the IPSE site.
    I don't know why you're still talking about your contract. It is completely and utterly irrelevant to the tax residency of you or your company. Also, while we're on irrelevant contractual clauses, make sure you secure PI insurance that's consistent with the jurisdiction and governing law of your contract. If it's a US state, your current PI probably won't apply.

  10. #30

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown View Post
    I don't know why you're still talking about your contract. It is completely and utterly irrelevant to the tax residency of you or your company. Also, while we're on irrelevant contractual clauses, make sure you secure PI insurance that's consistent with the jurisdiction and governing law of your contract. If it's a US state, your current PI probably won't apply.
    I get that - I'm just confused as to why the company have not made sure everyone understands how to deal with the tax side of things

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •