• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working for a US company in the UK with maybe European work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about secondment from your UK ltd to Denmark?
    Or it wont work due to being the only director?

Comment

Originally posted by kolata View Post
      Second one.....

Comment

Originally posted by gremlinsky View Post

I think what I need to do is to find out exactly what I'm going to be required to do and where before wasting everyone's time with half questions.
        Yep plus the list of countries you may go to.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by kolata View Post
          I found this rather old but interesting article - linky

It's explains the economic employer vs employer of record model.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            People do get away with it but all it needs is a government tax audit of clientco, trace back via agentco and then a letter to contractorco asking how you want to pay the tax arrears to the Danish State plus penalties plus interest.
            It is not getting away, especially considering its not a one man company (its a 1+1 company) and one person stays in the UK looking after the company affairs.

Comment

I've had my MSA (Master Service Agreement) and SOW (Statement of Work) from the company in the US.

They stated I must be eligible to work in Denmark and Finland but have not specified when I'll be working there or for how long.

Comment

I've had my MSA (Master Service Agreement) and SOW (Statement of Work) from the company in the US.

They stated I must be eligible to work in Denmark and Finland but have not specified when I'll be working there or for how long.
                Congrats.
                Last edited by itjobs; 27 September 2016, 09:07.

Comment

Originally posted by itjobs View Post
                  Congrats.
                  Why congrats! I'm still utterly confused and seeking out some help from ITS International (anyone know them?) - they were recommended on the IPSE site.

Comment

Why congrats! I'm still utterly confused and seeking out some help from ITS International (anyone know them?) - they were recommended on the IPSE site.
                    I don't know why you're still talking about your contract. It is completely and utterly irrelevant to the tax residency of you or your company. Also, while we're on irrelevant contractual clauses, make sure you secure PI insurance that's consistent with the jurisdiction and governing law of your contract. If it's a US state, your current PI probably won't apply.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      I don't know why you're still talking about your contract. It is completely and utterly irrelevant to the tax residency of you or your company. Also, while we're on irrelevant contractual clauses, make sure you secure PI insurance that's consistent with the jurisdiction and governing law of your contract. If it's a US state, your current PI probably won't apply.
                      I get that - I'm just confused as to why the company have not made sure everyone understands how to deal with the tax side of things

Comment

Working...
                      X