• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Account opening with Cater Allen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account opening with Cater Allen

Hi,
    Hi all,

I am on the cusp of setting up a new Ltd (my first) and have an accountancy firm lined up. Unfortunately they are not Cater Allen introducers. Does anyone know a firm who will introduce for a business account but not require you to take your accounting to them also?

I am keen on Cater Allen specifically as their FX rates seem good, and their customer service even just for account opening questions blew others away.

Cheers

IIRC, at some point in the past, you could get a referral to CA from CUK. Perhaps a mod will be along that knows... Also, IIRC, the referral simply waives the monthly fee for balances below 5k, so it's not a massive incentive. You might consider other banks too, notably HSBC. While CA are free and have very good customer service, their online banking is very limited/clunky, they aren't a clearing bank (they use RBS), and faster payments are not implemented properly (i.e. 1-2 days vs. instant).

Comment

CA are reliable but their faster payments system is rubbish.

Comment

For the reasons above I moved from Cater Allen to HSBC after around 4 months back in 2012. I am still happy with HSBC despite the £5.50/month fee.

If you use HSBC, note they have a £10k/day payment limit, you need to send a form to the branch to increase it.

Comment

Working...
        X