• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds Bank business account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyds Bank business account

I'm considering moving my Cater Allen bank account to a Lloyds Bank business account.

How have your experiences been with Business Banking at Lloyds Bank?

If you have ever transferred a business bank account to another bank. How smooth was the transfer?

Out of interest, why? What do Lloyds offer?

I've switched in the past (to CA) but I did it between contracts and moved all DD's myself.

Comment

Been w/ Lloyds Business since the beginning, never had an issue, its incredibly fast and easy to use with payments normally sent correctly within a few mins of clicking the button; web portal and phone apps very useful and relatively well designed (if a bit overloaded). No charges for first year I believe? Only thing, be aware that if you have a Lloyds personal account they automatically link the 2 without asking (same login IDs). Not sure if any business implications but worth making note of..

Comment

Originally posted by thelastrosbif View Post
        Been w/ Lloyds Business since the beginning, never had an issue, its incredibly fast and easy to use with payments normally sent correctly within a few mins of clicking the button; web portal and phone apps very useful and relatively well designed (if a bit overloaded). No charges for first year I believe? Only thing, be aware that if you have a Lloyds personal account they automatically link the 2 without asking (same login IDs). Not sure if any business implications but worth making note of..
        Getting your new account open might take a while if you try to do online or by phone. It's quicker to complete if you are able to get an appointment in Branch, which sounds contradictory!

If you're switching, it's usually 6 months free banking.

Re internet access, yes, if you also bank personally with Lloyds, then yes, you will share the same ID....however you login via a different URL.

Comment

I went for LLoyds Bank business as I had a personal account with them.

Once the account is set up its great.

Setting up is a pain. A very intrusive questionnaire. Then 10 days while they process that. They then send you something to sign. Wait another 10 days.

Comment

It was a couple of years ago but I had a Plan B co. account with Lloyds. It was okay, and I set it up by walking into the branch, but I laughed when I saw the online banking. It looked 10 years behind Barclays.

Of course it could be much better by now.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
            X