• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Autumn statement - end of VAT flat rate scheme?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackeye View Post
    I spend £2-3 on lunch, walk to the client office, they provide a company phone and FYI you can't expense a tv.

Ltds still might make sense for people that have high travel and accommodation expenses and are still within the 2 year rule.. but not for everyone else. Unless someone here can tell me something I don't know?
    Well for someone with a £20k pa. dividend tax bill to service...For me I can leverage the Ltd. to minimise my overall tax exposure by income splitting which is worth far more than the bonus FRS..
    "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

I spend £2-3 on lunch, walk to the client office, they provide a company phone and FYI you can't expense a tv.

Ltds still might make sense for people that have high travel and accommodation expenses and are still within the 2 year rule.. but not for everyone else. Unless someone here can tell me something I don't know?
      There's more to a limited company than expenses and frs. Shareholding, income deferral, £5k tax free dividend. Admittedly it's less attractive now than it was on Tuesday but it still works.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
        There's more to a limited company than expenses and frs. Shareholding, income deferral, £5k tax free dividend. Admittedly it's less attractive now than it was on Tuesday but it still works.
        Do you have any figures? Based on £500/d 46 week pa

Shareholding means nothing to contractors as the company value will never increase..

Comment

Do you have any figures? Based on £500/d 46 week pa

Shareholding means nothing to contractors as the company value will never increase..
          Ru serious? .....
          "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Originally posted by Major Hassle View Post
            Ru serious? .....
            Fo real.

Is your one share in major consulting worth any more now than when you created the company?

Comment

Fo real.

Is your one share in major consulting worth any more now than when you created the company?
              Mine is. It owns a shed load of money.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Mine is. It owns a shed load of money.
                Do you think anyone would buy shares in your company if they had a chance?

How much do you think they are worth?

Comment

Fo real.

I really, really, hope so
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

My point is shareholding is not a valid argument. Retained earnings are not reinvested in stock. We don't create value.

Profit is retained for tax purposes.

Comment

My point is shareholding is not a valid argument. Retained earnings are not reinvested in stock. We don't create value.

Profit is retained for tax purposes.
                      Mine is retained to offset cash flow issues.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X