• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company smartphone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    SIM only is about that - which is why I really don't see the point for the amount of money saved...
    Yep.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

SIM only is about that - which is why I really don't see the point for the amount of money saved...
      Nope you can get it for less. It depends on what you haggle.

Last year I was good at haggling - ok I threw my toys out of the pram at the right time - this year I was tulip.

And you can sell the personal phone to the company immediately.
      Last edited by SueEllen; 2 January 2017, 03:25.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I don't think its a question of money, more a case of evidencing you're running a genuine business. How can you say you're running a business if the business does not have a phone number under its name!

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post
          I don't think its a question of money, more a case of evidencing you're running a genuine business. How can you say you're running a business if the business does not have a phone number under its name!
          So how many businesses only list a mobile number?

If you're saying that a business should have a phone number, then it should be a land line, not a mobile. Unless your business takes place in a camper van/chip van.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Has your company got a website?

Even I don't really buy in to 'you've got to have a company phone to be a business' and that's kinda one of my catch phrases

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              So how many businesses only list a mobile number?
              Lots do now actually especially tradesmen. It was also fashionable about 10 years ago not to have a landline number as a business.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

https://www.just0845numbers.co.uk/

Goes through to my mobile, job done

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Has your company got a website?

Even I don't really buy in to 'you've got to have a company phone to be a business' and that's kinda one of my catch phrases
                Why yes, yes it does, for £29 a year its a no brainer
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I know it does and very nice it is too. Just interested to see if contractorbanking has a website if he thinks a business mobile is key to looking like a business. I'm more than prepared for them to say yes and I slink off quietly of course.

Comment

It does, it just isn't a mobile phone number...

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    https://www.just0845numbers.co.uk/

Goes through to my mobile, job done

For less then that my (new) company landline is a voip landline (newcastle) finishing with the digits 000...
                    Last edited by eek; 3 January 2017, 21:05.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It does, it just isn't a mobile phone number...

For less then that my (new) company landline is a voip landline (newcastle) finishing with the digits 000...
                      For a one off tenner six years ago, mine spells the Co name.

And straight flush beats three of a kind, so

Comment

Working...
                      X