• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How soon after year-end do you do file company accounts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How soon after year-end do you do file company accounts?

Curious to know how far into the 9-month period you file the company accounts?

I don't have a rule but I try and get it done within 4-6 months of y/e just to avoid rushing at the last minute.

Any advantage in timing it?

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post

I don't have a rule but I try and get it done within 4-6 months of y/e just to avoid rushing at the last minute.

the sooner you pay the more time you have of interest payments from HMRC offsetting against your next bill.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post

This is my first yr doing it - did them as soon as possible.

Comment

We try to file as soon as possible after y/e. Our target is 6 weeks. But that's based on our commitment to letting our clients know their liabilities asap. Even although there's provisional figures throughout the year, it does appear that a firm known liability figure is welcome.

Comment

Whenever my accountant has finished doing them!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
            Whenever my accountant has finished doing them!
            That's not very helpful is it
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

In theory as soon as possible as everything is fresh in your mind. In reality I've probably done most of them around the 6 month mark.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

8 and a half months this year
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  the sooner you pay the more time you have of interest payments from HMRC offsetting against your next bill.
                  But I've never paid early. I don't want the interest payments; it's just one more complication for next years accounts.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    That's not very helpful is it
                    Well its the truth! My accountant gets them done as soon as they can, depending on how busy they are. They are always delivered to me within a few months at most and they submit them as soon as I've checked them and approved them. I'm not sure it matters either way so long as they are on time.

Comment

Working...
                    X