Multiple FSCS Protected Accounts Multiple FSCS Protected Accounts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 11

Should post faster

Default Multiple FSCS Protected Accounts

Hi Guys,

I have built up a nice pot of cash in my current business bank account (>75k).
    I'm looking to be more protected on these funds and looking for advise on an alternative bank account in which i can send some money to in order to receive the 75k protection per institute.

Currently i bank with HSBC could anyone recommend another bank / saver which isn't within the HSBC institute ?

Thanks

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by eddie1507 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have built up a nice pot of cash in my current business bank account (>75k).
    I'm looking to be more protected on these funds and looking for advise on an alternative bank account in which i can send some money to in order to receive the 75k protection per institute.

Currently i bank with HSBC could anyone recommend another bank / saver which isn't within the HSBC institute ?

Thanks
    There are lots of accounts which you can use. For example;

Aldermore
    Cambridge & Counties Bank
    Kent Reliance
    State Bank of India

If you want better interest rate, then I would recommend P2P companies like;

Ratesetter
    Zopa
    Assetzcapital

Forgot to mention that you need to avoid P2P companies if you need FSCS protected accounts.

Super poster

How much of that money will you owe to HMRC? It may be worthwhile paying them early (you'll get 3% interest) and then you don't need to protect it. Might take you sufficiently below the £75k to not worry about it.
    See You Next Tuesday

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    How much of that money will you owe to HMRC? It may be worthwhile paying them early (you'll get 3% interest) and then you don't need to protect it. Might take you sufficiently below the £75k to not worry about it.
    Good thinking the amount of profit after all corp payments will still be quite alot over >75k

Just to add that it's likely to be 85k again within the next month or so.

It's been a long time since HMRC paid 3% on early tax payments - the rate is currently 0.5%

Aldermore do customisable fixed term accounts - I use one of those setting the maturity date to a week before my corporation tax deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by dingdong View Post
    It's been a long time since HMRC paid 3% on early tax payments - the rate is currently 0.5%

Aldermore do customisable fixed term accounts - I use one of those setting the maturity date to a week before my corporation tax deadline.
    Thanks for the heads up...didn't know they offered that customised date - I keep a rolling 6 month fixed account to house corporation tax - is it a minimum of 6 months - max of 11 months? Otherwise you use 12 month fixed...

**EDIT**
    Ignore me - just logged into my account online...term is "From 60 days to 5 years"
    Last edited by DelboyTrotter; 16th January 2017 at 09:16. Reason: Searched the answer

Fingers like lightning

Coming to this party a little late. Indeed I had created a whole new thread on this topic but bearing in mind it is all here, just a couple of questions.

1. Do people here make a point of keeping a max of £85k in separate FRN registered bank accounts? Or do we not really give a damn?

2. Presumably, if people do give a damn and do shift funds around, then they perform all the FRN searches on the FCA Register to ensure one bank is not a sister of another bank, thereby negating the whole £85k per Name per Bank?

Thanks in advance.

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by simes View Post
    Coming to this party a little late. Indeed I had created a whole new thread on this topic but bearing in mind it is all here, just a couple of questions.

1. Do people here make a point of keeping a max of £85k in separate FRN registered bank accounts? Or do we not really give a damn?

2. Presumably, if people do give a damn and do shift funds around, then they perform all the FRN searches on the FCA Register to ensure one bank is not a sister of another bank, thereby negating the whole £85k per Name per Bank?

Thanks in advance.
    1. Certainly in the last few years I've opened up new deposit accounts to avoid individual balances exceeding £85k.
    2. Yes. Or check sites like MoneysavingExpert who have a tool to check this