• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loan to a sole proprietor who is abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Surely all you are doing is aiding and abetting his dodgy dealings by trying to make it plausible?
    I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

We're all ears!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
      Louisa and Neil seem to be new around here. Give them a few years and they'll both be as cynical as the rest of us.
      We're all ears!

Comment

I will get a proper loan agreement. There is a chance that his company could be converted to a partnership - but that's probably not possible with a Ltd. co.

I'm winding up as I'm moving abroad.

It would seem that it's better to get the cash down to £25k and wind up and withdraw as assets.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
          Louisa and Neil seem to be new around here. Give them a few years and they'll both be as cynical as the rest of us.
          Louisa ain't new.. She's pulling our plonkers the sneaky devil!!!

Neil however looks like a nice fresh newbie! Anyone clarified his stance on Gladiators yet?
          Last edited by northernladuk; 16 January 2017, 17:40.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
            I will get a proper loan agreement. There is a chance that his company could be converted to a partnership - but that's probably not possible with a Ltd. co.

I'm winding up as I'm moving abroad.

It would seem that it's better to get the cash down to £25k and wind up and withdraw as assets.
            Without committing tax evasion...
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm just following this...How to pay the least tax closing a limited company :: Contractor UK
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
              X