FreeAgent FreeAgent - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Posts 71 to 73 of 73

Thread: FreeAgent

Double Godlike!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

Quote Originally Posted by CatOnMat View Post
    I needed to do exactly that last year, there is a (slightly clunky) workaround:

1. Go to Accounting > Reports > Show Transactions
    2. Select the relevant period and account for mileage
    3. Export to CSV
    4. Parse in spreadsheet (Text to columns in Excel), using ( symbol and space as delimiters, and setting it to ignore the non-mileage result columns
    5. Sum up the mileage column

HTH - not as elegant as a simple FA report of course though, they really should have one!
    Then again, a more elegant one is to do it properly. Maintain a log of business mileage outside FA (which is what you are supposed to do to validate the claims to HMRC if challenged) and enter the claims monthly as expenses in FA, either as standalone entries or against specific POs...

It sounds a faff, but it's actually no harder than trying to do it all in FA.

And, of course, log your costs against "Motor Expenses" in FA and you can get a summary via the Accounts Reporting options.
    Blog? What blog...?

Nervous Newbie

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if FreeAgent can cope with the following accounting requirements?

Limited Company Contractor (although currently out of contract)
    Additional income from Amazon and eBay business seller accounts
    Occasional private customer invoicing, typically services and hardware (Would like to push this more, and back off the contracting)

I'm hoping the above is still considered Contractor / Small Business and doesn't present any challenges? I'm currently with Brookson but looking to move away from them as they only seem geared up for contractors with no additional revenue outside of their assignments. The only thing that has kept me with Brookson over the years is the realtime(ish) dashboard Connect. I'm hoping FreeAgent is as good or even better than the Connect dashboard?

It would also be nice to have an accounting platform that can generate custom quotes / invoices for my private work but perhaps FreeAgent won't be able to do the quote side which is fair enough.

If FreeAgent can handle what I need, then the next step is to find a new accountant !

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
    Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if FreeAgent can cope with the following accounting requirements?

Limited Company Contractor (although currently out of contract)
    Additional income from Amazon and eBay business seller accounts
    Occasional private customer invoicing, typically services and hardware (Would like to push this more, and back off the contracting)

I'm hoping the above is still considered Contractor / Small Business and doesn't present any challenges? I'm currently with Brookson but looking to move away from them as they only seem geared up for contractors with no additional revenue outside of their assignments. The only thing that has kept me with Brookson over the years is the realtime(ish) dashboard Connect. I'm hoping FreeAgent is as good or even better than the Connect dashboard?

It would also be nice to have an accounting platform that can generate custom quotes / invoices for my private work but perhaps FreeAgent won't be able to do the quote side which is fair enough.

If FreeAgent can handle what I need, then the next step is to find a new accountant !
    FreeAgent you just link your bank account and you can do your business PayPal if using that for eBay, and then you just raise invoices for each transaction
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius