• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract curtailed due to no fault by me

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Might have been worth a bit more detail on the entities. Just calling them Company A - X is no use at all. Client A, Agent A, Agent B or something might have actually helped.
    Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by v33net View Post
      I understand from the Agency others have gone too but some of them didn't even know what was happening and just carried on losing the rights to their private data being flung all over the shop.
      You've probably missed that boat in any case

Once you start contracting, rightfully or wrongfully your details are all over the shop.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
        from reading your post you were binned for being difficult.

I doubt you would have a claim for breach of contract as (you will need to confirm it) the MOO clause in your contract means they don't have to offer you any work.

you'd have to have pretty deep pockets to fight it I guess also.

you stood on a principal and it cost you the gig.
        Yes and I am happy with that standing up for myself - I believe others went to and they are using a new agency for replacement - yet they wanted me for another 6 months. I'll go and sit on a beach in Barbados for a couple of months chill out.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
          Looks like you were told to jump through a hoop you didn't want to jump through and you refused

Good for you

Good luck finding something else
          Thanks - exactly that - I could have made that a much shorter post

Comment

Might have been worth a bit more detail on the entities. Just calling them Company A - X is no use at all. Client A, Agent A, Agent B or something might have actually helped.
            Is Company D SAP/Fieldglass or similar? In which case:

Company A is the client
            Company B is the agent
            Company C is a service provider for handling timesheets and billing
            Company D is a software/cloud service provider handling the platform that C uses to provide its services.

The client decided to set things up like this. You had a choice to accept or reject. You rejected and so were given notice. Your only valid complaint is if you've not been paid for work done.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Is Company D SAP/Fieldglass or similar? In which case:

Company A is the client
              Company B is the agent
              Company C is a service provider for handling timesheets and billing
              Company D is a software/cloud service provider handling the platform that C uses to provide its services.

The client decided to set things up like this. You had a choice to accept or reject. You rejected and so were given notice. Your only valid complaint is if you've not been paid for work done.
              Yes - but I wasn't given any notice at all it was all happening without my knowledge even my line manager didn't know it was going on. Also my personal data was used without my consent and registered for me without my knowledge.

Comment

Happened to all the contractors where I work. The choice was simple - adopt the new system, or quit.

What specific private information that the software provider has are you concerned about? For mine, it's my email address at the client, the client reference numbers for me, projects and wbs elements, and my company name, and company email address.

I can't see a problem.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I can't see a problem.
                  Tin foil hat a little too tight IMO.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Tin foil hat a little too tight IMO.
                    To be frank I would worry a lot more about giving my info away more to much more commercial interests, social media, telecoms, ISPs and the like.

You only have to look at who has had major data breaches in the last few years to make that observation, surely?
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by v33net View Post
                      Hi thanks - it's not that I am not needed as they are advertising my old role funnily through a different agency this time. If we don't stand up to this though are we just supposed to roll over because we need the money. Fortunately I don't.
                      You are picking the wrong way to fight.

You don't wait until you are binned to talk to people you talk to them immediately the problem occurs.

So if you get a contract and don't like it, speak up before you sign it. If you can't get the contract amended you don't accept it and be prepared to walk. You also make sure any verbal communications are backed up in writing e.g email. If you do use email ensure that a copy is retained in your business email account.

Oh and regarding data I once had a contract which said they wanted to send my data to India unless I opted-out. So I opted-out while the contract was being negotiated. However I know some of my personal data is in India thanks to the likes of BT and certain banks.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X