• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract curtailed due to no fault by me

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by v33net View Post
    Yes - but I wasn't given any notice at all it was all happening without my knowledge even my line manager didn't know it was going on. Also my personal data was used without my consent and registered for me without my knowledge.
    If you are going to argue about the data protection breach then that's a fairly easy one - discuss the situation with the data protection officer at whichever company you are accusing of the breach. Escalate to ICO as necessary.
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

This is a really stupid reason to lose a gig over. Some company has your name and email address, boo hoo.

You've also lost a lot of face with the client. They won't be reaching out to you for future work.

Comment

"due to no fault by me"......hysterical.

So you lost a gig because you took a stand against a data privacy issue, well done you!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          You are picking the wrong way to fight.

You don't wait until you are binned to talk to people you talk to them immediately the problem occurs.

So if you get a contract and don't like it, speak up before you sign it. If you can't get the contract amended you don't accept it and be prepared to walk. You also make sure any verbal communications are backed up in writing e.g email. If you do use email ensure that a copy is retained in your business email account.

Oh and regarding data I once had a contract which said they wanted to send my data to India unless I opted-out. So I opted-out while the contract was being negotiated. However I know some of my personal data is in India thanks to the likes of BT and certain banks.
          Hi, as soon as I found out about it I mentioned to everyone involved but nothing has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by RonBW View Post
            If you are going to argue about the data protection breach then that's a fairly easy one - discuss the situation with the data protection officer at whichever company you are accusing of the breach. Escalate to ICO as necessary.
            Thanks - I have done that and I am in contact with the Agents legal team and the ICO. I am surprised on this site how many response I have had that don't seem to think Privacy of your data is something to worry about. When you have had your identity forged you soon look at it differently

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
              This is a really stupid reason to lose a gig over. Some company has your name and email address, boo hoo.

You've also lost a lot of face with the client. They won't be reaching out to you for future work.
              Thanks for you professional response.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                "due to no fault by me"......hysterical.

So you lost a gig because you took a stand against a data privacy issue, well done you!
                It was the lack of their communication about the whole thing but thanks for your professional response. I hope you never have your identity forged in the future.

Comment

It was the lack of their communication about the whole thing but thanks for your professional response. I hope you never have your identity forged in the future.
                  Big boy/girl pants on, consider me chastised.

I thought it was something in the data policy you were not happy about, not the lack of communication?

And for the record, of course I hope I don't have my identity forged, but losing a gig because someone tries to introduce a timesheet company seems a little of an over-reaction without specifics.

Comment

Thanks for your professional response of deleting your original post when you didn't get the answer you wanted to read on here.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Thanks for your professional response of deleting your original post when you didn't get the answer you wanted to read on here.
                      Unfortunately this like other forums cannot prevent people deleting the cr*p they start the thread with.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X