• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract curtailed due to no fault by me

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract curtailed due to no fault by me

Thanks for the totally professional responses.
    Last edited by v33net; 28 January 2017, 22:26.

If you aren't needed you aren't needed there is no need to go into long explanations.

Start looking for a new contract and if asked explain what happened in brief detail e.g. the company canned the project. No-one is interested in company A, company B etc.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Might have been worth a bit more detail on the entities. Just calling them Company A - X is no use at all. Client A, Agent A, Agent B or something might have actually helped.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

from reading your post you were binned for being difficult.

I doubt you would have a claim for breach of contract as (you will need to confirm it) the MOO clause in your contract means they don't have to offer you any work.

you'd have to have pretty deep pockets to fight it I guess also.

you stood on a principal and it cost you the gig.

Comment

Originally posted by v33net View Post
          my contract states a 2 week notice period
          That's the only important bit here. Now have a look in the contract and see if there is anything in there that says that you only get paid for the days that you provide services - if you have that then there is very little you can do. If not then invoice for the two weeks unpaid notice.

Get looking for something else while you wait for them to not pay your invoice.
          First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Looks like you were told to jump through a hoop you didn't want to jump through and you refused

Good for you

Good luck finding something else

Comment

wow confused or what?? sounds like its to late already but you should have been speaking to whoever your contract is with (the Agency) and got clarification on their payment process the minute you found out about the change, if you follow the process then in theory they would not have a leg to stand on, as it stand though I think you got involved in worrying about the rights and wrongs of the process rather than focusing on getting paid, your choice of course but meaning they binned you from the contract because you didn't\wouldn't follow their process.

I would be interested to know how many of the other contractors got binned or just followed the process and are still onsite, in my experience your best option is chalk it up to experience and move on

Comment

Originally posted by RonBW View Post
                That's the only important bit here. Now have a look in the contract and see if there is anything in there that says that you only get paid for the days that you provide services - if you have that then there is very little you can do. If not then invoice for the two weeks unpaid notice.

Get looking for something else while you wait for them to not pay your invoice.

Yeah good advice - fortunately I am just going to be taking time off for a while. If we don't stand up though what's the point.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  If you aren't needed you aren't needed there is no need to go into long explanations.

Start looking for a new contract and if asked explain what happened in brief detail e.g. the company canned the project. No-one is interested in company A, company B etc.
                  Hi thanks - it's not that I am not needed as they are advertising my old role funnily through a different agency this time. If we don't stand up to this though are we just supposed to roll over because we need the money. Fortunately I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                    wow confused or what?? sounds like its to late already but you should have been speaking to whoever your contract is with (the Agency) and got clarification on their payment process the minute you found out about the change, if you follow the process then in theory they would not have a leg to stand on, as it stand though I think you got involved in worrying about the rights and wrongs of the process rather than focusing on getting paid, your choice of course but meaning they binned you from the contract because you didn't\wouldn't follow their process.

I would be interested to know how many of the other contractors got binned or just followed the process and are still onsite, in my experience your best option is chalk it up to experience and move on
                    I understand from the Agency others have gone too but some of them didn't even know what was happening and just carried on losing the rights to their private data being flung all over the shop.

Comment

Working...
                    X