• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

should P60 figures reflect salary sacrifice For childcare

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should P60 figures reflect salary sacrifice For childcare

Hi,

if childcare cost is paid directly to childcare provider, should the total be included in the P60?

Reporting it as expense is ok SAGE accounts but I simply cant see how it can make its way into RTI and then the P60 ....

Thanks

Non-taxable benefits are not included on the P60.

As you have sacrificed your salary, it will be the actual salary that you received (so the value after the childcare vouchers have been deducted), that should be shown on the P60.

We're all ears!

Comment

Originally posted by Louisa@AardvarkAccounting View Post
      Non-taxable benefits are not included on the P60.

As you have sacrificed your salary, it will be the actual salary that you received (so the value after the childcare vouchers have been deducted), that should be shown on the P60.

Thanks

So does the childcare cost need to go in the tax return as part of total income?

Comment

No. It should just be the P60 figure (which is the salary less the salary sacrifice).

Otherwise if you add in the gross figure before the salary sacrifice, it will look like you've underpaid tax on your income and you'll then have incorrect tax due on your SATR.

So make sure you only pop on there the salary that you've received [emoji3]
        We're all ears!

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
          So does the childcare cost need to go in the tax return as part of total income?
          If you pay yourself £11k a year, and your company also gives £2916 a year to your childcare provider, then £11k is the P60 figure, and the P60 figure goes in your SATR.

The £2916 is a non-taxable benefit, so doesn't even go on a P11d.

If YourCo paid the childcare provider more than £2916 (or £1488 if your salary is more than £43k) then the excess becomes a taxable benefit in kind. Dividend earnings are not relevant for the purpose of this calculation.
          Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
            If you pay yourself £11k a year, and your company also gives £2916 a year to your childcare provider, then £11k is the P60 figure, and the P60 figure goes in your SATR.

The £2916 is a non-taxable benefit, so doesn't even go on a P11d.

If YourCo paid the childcare provider more than £2916 (or £1488 if your salary is more than £43k) then the excess becomes a taxable benefit in kind. Dividend earnings are not relevant for the purpose of this calculation.
            you sure?
            When my divis + salary exceeded £43k my accountant said I need to reduce the childcare payments to the lower rate to avoid further BIK charges.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              you sure?
              When my divis + salary exceeded £43k my accountant said I need to reduce the childcare payments to the lower rate to avoid further BIK charges.
              I am sure. Your accountant is wrong. (Which breaks "Have you asked your accountant?")

Childcare vouchers for company directors | AccountingWEB
              "The dividends aren't relevant to that assessment."
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                I am sure. Your accountant is wrong. (Which breaks "Have you asked your accountant?")

Childcare vouchers for company directors | AccountingWEB
                "The dividends aren't relevant to that assessment."

sigh...... he's fired as soon as I get the company return completed (5 months now).
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                X