• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Employment and defaults on credit record

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Employment and defaults on credit record

Good afternoon,

I am heading for a number of possible defaults on my credit report which are looking more and more likely to occur. Can anyone advise me how much of an impact that this may have when a potential employer carries out a check on my credit file? Are they unlikely to employ me on a contract basis?

Many thanks, Silicon12

It depends what industry your clients are in and what you do for those clients.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Banking clients do tend to credit-check, and one insurance client of mine credit-checked permies but not contractors. Otherwise I've never heard of routine credit-checking for contract roles.
      It might impact on security clearance, depending on the sensitivity.

PS - Never use the word "employ" on this forum, you will incur considerable wrath. Consider it a very dirty word. Use "engage" or something similar if you must.
      Last edited by Mordac; 10 February 2017, 19:07.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Employer? Employ you? Are you a plumber?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Banking clients do tend to credit-check, and one insurance client of mine credit-checked permies but not contractors. Otherwise I've never heard of routine credit-checking for contract roles.
          It might impact on security clearance, depending on the sensitivity.
          I've been credit checked by an insurer as a contractor so don't take it as gospel that no client in certain sectors will credit check you.

Agents normally tell you that the client will credit check you before putting you forward.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X