• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Per Diem as an expense?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Wow... just wow...

But dunno why I'm surprised. I miss the days we could suggest people were sockie trolls.
    Who cares though? We're talking peanuts. I've lost probably £700 by not keeping receipts.

I've lost more speaking to you. My time is precious,

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
      I havent kept a single receipt all year so I'm ****ed.

Doesnt really matter I guess.. I had about 4k I was going to declare as expenses but I'll just forget it.
      Not necessarily.

If you paid by card and have a transaction for it on a statement you still have proof you incurred the expense.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Who cares though? We're talking peanuts. I've lost probably £700 by not keeping receipts.

I've lost more speaking to you. My time is precious,
        Not a higher rate taxpayer then?

Comment

WB!! Where have you been Alan? We've missed you....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
            Not a higher rate taxpayer then?
            i dont make more than 300k a year no

Comment

i dont make more than 300k a year no
              I think he meant personally... Assuming a normal personal allowance of £11,000 and the current basic rate band of £32,000 - if your personal income exceeds £43,000 then you'd be a higher rate taxpayer.

We're all ears!

Comment

Not relevant here though? I'm talking about impacts of not claiming this as expenses on corp tax, so it's 20%.

nothing to do with dividend rates.

Comment

It is relevant. You'll be withdrawing it one way or the other won't you? Either as expenses or as dividend.

Comment

Not relevant here though? I'm talking about impacts of not claiming this as expenses on corp tax, so it's 20%.

nothing to do with dividend rates.
                    But if it's an expense, then that means you've paid for it out of pocket. So, unless you claim it back, you're paying personal tax on top of that. So, 20% corp tax and then whatever percent personal tax. Plus VAT if applicable.

Comment

Working...
                    X