• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breach of contract? Urgent advice needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Not another bus lane fine?
    Got in trouble, quite rightly, for being moody and drunk after the night out last night LM

Luckily all goods with the world now, as I have a fry up in front of me
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Got in trouble, quite rightly, for being moody and drunk after the night out last night LM

Luckily all goods with the world now, as I have a fry up in front of me
      You get moody after drinking? Who'd have thought it, never seen it before.
      You get away with it when MrsMMM has been drinking as well though. Unlucky
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

As a contractor your company is providing services to your client, so you personally cannot have a "job title" as you do not have a "job" within your clients organisation. Your company is not supplying labour to your client, it is providing services. When dealing with agents etc, most will give a job title as a useful way to describe the work that is required but after this point you should pretty much ignore it. Use whatever title your client wants you to use (within reason of course, if they start calling you tuliphead and want you to use that title in your emails you should refuse).

Comment

Originally posted by breaktwister View Post
          As a contractor your company is providing services to your client, so you personally cannot have a "job title" as you do not have a "job" within your clients organisation. Your company is not supplying labour to your client, it is providing services. When dealing with agents etc, most will give a job title as a useful way to describe the work that is required but after this point you should pretty much ignore it. Use whatever title your client wants you to use (within reason of course, if they start calling you tuliphead and want you to use that title in your emails you should refuse).
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            Jump! Jump!

You're not going to win here - so best to calmly make your exit on your terms.

"It appears there has been some confusion surrounding what I've been hired to do, and at what level. I recommend that you seek a contractor better suited to your requirements."

No need to be nasty or pissy - but, at the end of the day, the role is not what was sold AND (Crucially, because the first bit is often workable) you're now embroiled in some pretty horrendous politics. Get out, get out now before you're stitched up.

I'm in a role where it turns out I'm technically junior to someone, but a) I negotiated an above market rate and b) On the first day the senior chap said "Really glad to get someone so experienced - I'd like you to look at $x as you seem to have a lot of knowledge there and I'm a bit stuck". Instant good signs.
            This +1.

You are on a hiding to nothing, exit gracefully before you are booted.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              If it was a rate cut too I'd be out of there.
              If it was a decent rate for a more junior position then Id stay and look for something else.

You're never going to win the argument though. If a permie kicks off and moans about a contractor then you're never going to win even if you're right.
              If you are valued you are. I have had a senior permie try to get my contract terminated after I was caught out saying something indiscreet but not really damaging about said permie (my bad). Permie went over the top and ended up on a disciplinary. I got a renewal.

Comment

Working...
              X