• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contract review service (not purely IR35 focused)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contract review service (not purely IR35 focused)?

Hi all,

I'm a PS contractor and just got offered a new contract by the agency I'm currently working through.
    I'm looking for someone with a legal background to review it. It should not be purely IR35 focused but also covering the points I should consider before I enter into the contract (basically what I'm getting myself into) and ideally negotiate the potential changes on my behalf.
    AFAIK the agency worked closely with QDOS preparing new contracts so I probably would like to avoid QDOS (potential conflict of interest).
    Has any of you used (and can recommend) such services? Thx

IPSE? Bauer and Cottrell ? AbbeyTax?

Plenty to choose from
    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by jackthe1 View Post
      Hi all,

I'm a PS contractor and just got offered a new contract by the agency I'm currently working through.
      I'm looking for someone with a legal background to review it. It should not be purely IR35 focused but also covering the points I should consider before I enter into the contract (basically what I'm getting myself into) and ideally negotiate the potential changes on my behalf.
      AFAIK the agency worked closely with QDOS preparing new contracts so I probably would like to avoid QDOS (potential conflict of interest).
      Has any of you used (and can recommend) such services? Thx
      Don't see any myself, but your call
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Someone who knows both contractor-like commercials and IR35 is difficult to find I've discovered over the years. Can I suggest you go through IPSE; their review looks at the whole commercial arrangements. Discounted for members of course...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Numerous agencies have told me that or something very similar, believe me it's a lie.
          When I subsequently send the contract for review by QDOS, lots of things come back that need to be changed

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Numerous agencies have told me that or something very similar, believe me it's a lie.
            When I subsequently send the contract for review by QDOS, lots of things come back that need to be changed
            Of course there is no conflict: for one thing what QDOS input to the contract writing may not have survived to the final drafts. But as they themselves have said, their reviews are for IR35. That's not what the OP is asking for. A commercial contract review that pays full attention to IR35 at the same time is not that easy to find, especially when some elements (for example payment guarantees that are commercially desirable but at the expense of MOO) are potentially mutually exclusive.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

He can go to any solicitor for a legal review

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                He can go to any solicitor for a legal review
                You could but they need to understand the industry sector you are in otherwise their advice will contradict with IR35.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Of course there is no conflict: for one thing what QDOS input to the contract writing may not have survived to the final drafts. But as they themselves have said, their reviews are for IR35. That's not what the OP is asking for. A commercial contract review that pays full attention to IR35 at the same time is not that easy to find, especially when some elements (for example payment guarantees that are commercially desirable but at the expense of MOO) are potentially mutually exclusive.
                  I think some of your anti-QDOS comments are bordering on libel - they do offer legal reviews, they're just not bundled into the same product as their IR35 reviews (£200 vs £50)

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                    I think some of your anti-QDOS comments are bordering on libel - they do offer legal reviews, they're just not bundled into the same product as their IR35 reviews (£200 vs £50)
                    Nonsense. They recently made that point themselves and an IR35 review is what 90% of people are asking for, rather than the full contract review (and seems to be the only concern ever mentioned on these boards whan talking about reviews). The IPSE offering is much more expensive that the QDOS IR35 review but cheaper than their IR35 and Commercials reviews combined Hence why I suggested it.

The OP is not asking for that however, he was asking for people that do both but does not want to use QDOS for what he sees as good reason.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X