• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

P11D 2016-17 - info pls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P11D 2016-17 - info pls

Saw a mention on a different thread that we no longer need to put mileage and some other items on a P11D from this year - which seemed to be backed by accountants here. However I couldn't find any thread directly talking about the details of this - or anything nice on google.
    Can someone confirm this is the case - ideally with a link to summat relevant - before we get to tax year end and start completing these delightful forms. I,am assuming as directors we still have to submit them anyway - or is that no longer the case either?

Thank you in advance to all the nice accountant bods on here

IANAA

I always thought you didn't need to mention mileage on the P11D as long as you didn't exceed the approved mileage rate (45p for the first 10k, 25p thereafter, IIRC)

Comment

Here you are - linky

and this linky

and this linky

and this linky from the AAT

and this is the bulletin they refer to linky scroll to page 9

Hopefully that's enough info saying the same thing.
      Last edited by SueEllen; 29 March 2017, 20:14.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh and those who want more bed time reading to help them go to sleep this is the link to HMRC employers bulletins - linky
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

TLDR; P11Ds haven't gone away but you no longer need to report a lot of the commonly reported expenses that you would then have to claim for on your tax return - travel, accommodation, subsistence, phone calls etc. - are now covered by exemptions.

These are similar to dispensations (which have been abolished) but you don't need to apply for them.

Comment

oh this is a welcome simplification I think. First linky mentions trivial benefits so this is relevant, is capped at £300 per tax year...

https://www.gov.uk/expenses-and-bene...ivial-benefits
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
            X