• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New accountant required to help close down my Limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New accountant required to help close down my Limited company

Hi,
    I'm trying to close my business via MLV. However, my current account is charging £396 for preparing 2months account. I'm in need of a good accountant to help me prepare simple accounts for closing down my company for a reasonable fee.Can anyone recommend their accountant? Thank you!

Regards,
    Ron

Sounds fairly reasonable IMHO, including covering off all the prerequisites for a "cheap" MVL from one of the usual suspects.

Unless your affairs are in incredibly good order then it would not be worthwhile for another accountant to take on the business. If they are in good order, why not do it yourself if you think <1 days revenue is too much.

Comment

Try MVLOnline.

They seem to be highly spoken of on here and the owner posts regularly.

Comment

That's not a lot of money to be honest?
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

My friend closed down her company recently through MVL online. One more vote - she recommends them.

Comment

The fee quoted does sound reasonable, just for some reassurance why don't you post your job on freelancer website such as freelancer or peopleperhour

Comment

As others have suggested, the fee doesn't sound unreasonable at all. Changing accountant at this late stage is likely to cause you more problems than any possible trivial fee saving. The fact it's only 2 months doesn't change month, they still need to do a full set of accounts & CT return. I also doubt many accountants would want to take your case on at this stage, as there's a fair amount of admin to "onboard" a client, not worth it if you know they'll be disappearing again after one bit of work that you're hoping to get done for no more than a couple of hundred quid!

Thanks to others who have mentioned MVL Online. They can indeed help with the liquidation itself, but I imagine this is more for accounting/tax tidy up bits before liquidation.

Comment

Working...
              X