• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New accountant want companies' house authorization code

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New accountant want companies' house authorization code

My previous accountant has submitted the annual return to CH with no authorization code from me for number of years.
    The new one (first submittal of AR to CH) wants the auth code - the second code you put when CH website asks you for comp reg number.

Is that normal and should I give it to them?

I do my own annual return as it's a piece of p*ss so I avoid the issue.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Yes this is normal.

Accountant's will need the auth code not only to submit the annual return (confirmation statement) but in order to submit your accounts to companies house.

Are you sure the last accountants did not already have a record of it? Perhaps they set the company up for you in which case they definitely would have a record of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I do my own annual return as it's a piece of p*ss so I avoid the issue.
        Good for you. Now if you answer the quetion it would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by pscont View Post
          Good for you. Now if you answer the quetion it would be nice.
          If you don't like the response, you should request your subscription back.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael at BI Accountancy View Post
            Yes this is normal.

Accountant's will need the auth code not only to submit the annual return (confirmation statement) but in order to submit your accounts to companies house.

Are you sure the last accountants did not already have a record of it? Perhaps they set the company up for you in which case they definitely would have a record of it.
            ^^This.

Comment

I do my own annual return. However my accountant does submit my accounts for me and has never asked me for the authorisation code. I assume previous accountants have passed it on.

Comment

By any chance did the previous accountants set up your company, in which case they would have been aware of the authorisation code.

As far as I understand, an authorisation code is required.

If you are hesitant in giving the authorisation code, it raises the question why do you have them as your accountants as I imagine they will be submitting your tax returns.

Comment

Working...
                X