• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Expensing a holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coolpixel View Post
    In addition to being a contractor, i am also a freelance writer - short fiction, and the kind- all under the same Ltd company.

i was wondering if i can expense a holiday - undertaken for research.
    All the previous posters are missing the point. It all depends where your holiday destination is.

If it's Hull, for example, i suggest HMRC will never suspect you were taking a holiday.
    ‘His body, his mind and his soul are his capital, and his task in life is to invest it favourably to make a profit of himself.’ (Erich Fromm, ‘The Sane Society’, Routledge, 1991, p.138)

Comment

Originally posted by lecyclist View Post
      All the previous posters are missing the point. It all depends where your holiday destination is.

If it's Hull, for example, i suggest HMRC will never suspect you were taking a holiday.
      For a bloody good reason

I suspect the OP was not talking about a research trip to Hull, just a hunch
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by lecyclist View Post

I guess Afghanistan, Yemen, Iraq, Syria , n. Korea and Crimea would also be fine

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

I suspect the OP was not talking about a research trip to Hull, just a hunch
          😎😁Indeed. Adding my smiles belatedly
          ‘His body, his mind and his soul are his capital, and his task in life is to invest it favourably to make a profit of himself.’ (Erich Fromm, ‘The Sane Society’, Routledge, 1991, p.138)

Comment

Working...
          X