• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD Accountancy Online Software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
    Ahhh. Maybe it's time to move.

I've always been happy with them and to be honest I really like my accountant. Dynamo seem ok ? NLUK, I may even move to FreeAgent - what would you suggest ?
    I can't really see a reason to move there. If you're happy and you like the guy.

Comment

Haha. I did ask your accountant - he said you're a PITA ;-)

I've had a look at Gorilla and a few others locally and think FA is probably the way to go. Shame as I've been with SJD for nearly 10 years and really like my accountant.

I have a few specific FA questions so will start a new thread.
      I suppose to put it bluntly, does your liking for you accountant weigh more for you than for sure perhaps reducing your accounting fees considerably whilst at the same time giving you real time accurate company financial data which is also extremely portable from accountant to accountant. (If you go the FA route, that is).
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        I suppose to put it bluntly, does your liking for you accountant weigh more for you than for sure perhaps reducing your accounting fees considerably whilst at the same time giving you real time accurate company financial data which is also extremely portable from accountant to accountant. (If you go the FA route, that is).
        It's not such a massive saving - £138 a month to about £110 - £120 for the 2 I'm looking at ?

You're right though - it does boil down to a long term relationship being lost and the prospect of less work and less hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
          I can't really see a reason to move there. If you're happy and you like the guy.
          Like the girl - she's very good and I do ask some stupid questions sometimes. The reasons to move are around increasing delays before getting answers and final year accounts. I'm sure she's over worked perhaps and it's not her fault. Filling out that bloody spreadsheet is another reason to go - I was hanging on as I thought they were releasing something similar to FA - from other threads it seems it's not the case and that is also a bit crap.

Comment

I didn't leave SJD because after 12 years with them I got bored. It was down to changes to what had been an excellent service...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              I didn't leave SJD because after 12 years with them I got bored. It was down to changes to what had been an excellent service...
              Same after 7 years. Am sure there are the odd hiccup and bit of a pain from time to time with anyone, was happy to deal with that during my time with them. It just got to a point where trust had gone so was clear I had to go.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's not such a massive saving - £138 a month to about £110 - £120 for the 2 I'm looking at ?

You're right though - it does boil down to a long term relationship being lost and the prospect of less work and less hassle.
                Take a look at my recommendation for a FA accountant if you seriously want to save money every month.

Comment

Like the girl
                  Aha............... I suspected that might be the case!

Comment

Ah. I've been wondering about this - when I left SJD they suddenly gave me the option to try it despite never mentioning it before.

As with others, moving to FreeAgent was more of a bonus than the aim of the game, though I'm completely sold now.

Comment

For me it was about the time I could save - when I moved to a FA Accountant I no longer had to do lots of stuff as the S/W did it for me. It just so happened my new Accountant was cheaper than the last.

I wasn't with SJD but I have to say any Accountant trying to run their own software is probably on a hiding to nothing. I get its their USP at the moment so they don't want to let it go. Ironically those with SJD seem to like the xls and once they lose that , well the USP is gone.

Comment

Working...
                      X