• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Withdrawal method ..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Withdrawal method ..

Can you accountant bods list the ways money can be extracted from a closed company please.

Obviously this is son of IR35 related.

I'm aware of PAYE and the current dividend setup.

Any comments on use of CGT allowances (14k pa for 2 people?).

Any way to extract funds by creating special classes of shares (just fishing)

What about after a company ceases trading - I belive a number of rules change for an investment company which I believe it can become.

Any other ideas.

Remember guys if GB can stitch up closed companies as tight as a frogs @rse you stand to lose a lot of clients as they move away from their ltd. companies.

We need some legal scams and we need them pdq!!

Withdrawal method........Everyones a winner

Fiddleabout…..suggest you speak to your accountant about ESC16, close your company down and take advantage of a capital distribution which can give you 75% taper relief.

If the company has been trading for more than two years and there are no major investments (shares in other Companies) on the balance sheet.

Then a simple sum would be (assumption 50/50 shareholders)

£100,000 * 75% £75,000 (would be tax free) £25,000 less capital gains exemption of £15,800 is £9,200 taxable capital gains for you is £4,600 (and the same for Mrs Fiddle) £4,600 * 40% = £1,840 tax payable (for each of you).:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol all the way to the bank!

Now you have all that cash……….you could open up a PLC, you only need share capital of £50,000 and gets you away from the ‘Close Company’ thing. I think you require more than 5 directors but these could be ‘family members’.

Comment

Re: Withdrawal method........Everyones a winner

thats so tempting isn't it, Joe Contractor - PLC.

Get gordon off your back for a while.

Comment

"Withdrawal method........Everyones a winner"

**** it - I cant resist it.

I tend to find that the withdrawal method can be quite messy. Tissues are required and there is still the possibility of pregnancy.

I thank you.

Comment

You only need the tissues if she gets some in her eye.

At 49.8 I no longer have that problem, just getting there is an accomplishment.

Comment

MF - yes the title was deliberate - aren't there any curtains in your house?

Robot - thanks - one for the files.

Accountants - tick tock tick tock tick tock

Comment

Fiddle....I think a few of us are having a look at this to see if there are any different ideas. :hat

Examples of withdrawing funds :-
              Salary
              Dividends
              Expenses
              Benefits
              Share Options
              Bonus Schemes
              SAYE

Do you needs specifics?

Comment

OK let me go through what I think of these - don't forget I'm not an accountant!!

> Salary
                attracts double helping of NI and unless shared gets to 40% tax levels alarmingly quickly

> Dividends
                likely to be under attack from GB

> Expenses
                limited amounts and subject to justification. I already use these but in moderation.

> Benefits
                attract NI and reduce your tax code - I don't use these at all

> Share Options
                I thought these were only possible with listed companies. In my permie days I got them and they were subject to CGT only but that was from a US company.

> Bonus Schemes
                more paye ??

> SAYE
                presumably save as you earn - not heard of this but assume it is going to be limited to around £3k pa like whatever name the personal ones are going under this week.

Offshore is still looking good - as a hint thescheme I am looking at involves loans - it also sounds completely contrived and I'm not sure of it's legality still waiting the full details.

How are you doing with your secret scheme you mentioned on NFP ?

Comment

Scheme

"Offshore is still looking good - as a hint thescheme I am looking at involves loans - it also sounds completely contrived and I'm not sure of it's legality still waiting the full details."

& :x

"How are you doing with your secret scheme you mentioned on NFP ?"

& :b

Comment

Re: Scheme

The bad news ...
                    Still don't have the details - my post is poor at the best of times (I've had first class items take 7 days on a number of occasions).
                    The good news (for me but not you accountant bods) ...
                    Found 3 more schemes to investigate but one sounds like it is EBT which I think I'd rule out on the grounds of risk.

tick tock tick tock tick tock

Comment

Working...
                    X