• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Filing Confirmation Statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing Confirmation Statement

Hello All,

I need advice on filing confirmation statement.
    Can you please tell me if I can change/Amend the capital.

While registering we have mentioned the capital as £10,000

Total number of shares issued 1000000
    Total aggregate value of shares issued 10000

However we cannot show our accounts for £10,000 as we have not done much trading.

So can I change the share value and capital value while filing the confirmation statement by reducing my capital and share value to £1000

Also what is the amount I have to mention in

Total aggregate amount unpaid

Please suggest me

Thanks in Advance

You've issued 1 million shares??

I guess you mean 10 thousand shares, but even that makes no sense.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I think you need an accountant and quickly. Changing your setup too many times can attract unwanted attention as well I believe so go get some professional advice.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Guy
        Originally posted by hmanne View Post
        Hello All,

I need advice on filing confirmation statement.
        Can you please tell me if I can change/Amend the capital.

While registering we have mentioned the capital as £10,000

Total number of shares issued 1000000
        Total aggregate value of shares issued 10000

However we cannot show our accounts for £10,000 as we have not done much trading.

So can I change the share value and capital value while filing the confirmation statement by reducing my capital and share value to £1000

Also what is the amount I have to mention in

Total aggregate amount unpaid

Please suggest me

Thanks in Advance
        You can reduce the shares but you need to file a solvency statement. If at the end of the year or within 9 months, you haven't paid the share capital money to the company, this will be classed as a related party loan and this will be taxable under s455 @32.5%, I have the loan issue covered in my recent blog here: w ww.chartaccountancy.com/blog

If you want to avoid the extra tax, you should act to update your shares to the level that you can afford to pay but most companies simply set up with £1/£100 share capital
        Last edited by cojak; 4 July 2017, 12:55. Reason: removed link

Comment

sounds complicated, might be with striking the company off and setting up a new one

Comment

Originally posted by dotcom12 View Post
            sounds complicated, might be with striking the company off and setting up a new one
            It is not complicated at all, it is just a formality to have the correct forms filed.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I think you need an accountant and quickly. Changing your setup too many times can attract unwanted attention as well I believe so go get some professional advice.
              +1000

I highly recommend QDOS.
              Last edited by Contractor UK; 4 July 2017, 13:14. Reason: Contact details removed

Comment

Though, the OP has not asked for accountant recommendation. The firm you are advertising will be costly and the OP has indicated that his company has done very little trading. As I said above, it is nothing complex to make changes to shares. It is all explained on Companies House website. If the OP was to engage an accountant on a full package, company secretarial is included by most firms. I recently had to do shares reduction for two clients who have similarly incorporated with high value shares, it is a straightforward change.
                Last edited by Chart Accountancy; 4 July 2017, 10:18.

Comment

Working...
                X