• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

References

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

References

I have asked my company (permie) for a copy of my references that they obtained from, previous employers prior to my comencing employment here. How ever they say that they are legally bound not to show me the references. Is this so?

you can use Data Protection Act that will force them to make copy of all personal info they have on you for no more than £10 - this might be viewed as a legitimate but unfriendly action tho.

Comment

Thought that would cover it. Unfriendly though it may be, it may be neccessary. Cheers At

Comment

What would prevent the employer from accidently 'loosing' the references from their file?

You may harm the relationship to the company without getting any information in return ...

Comment

anything can get lost but they will be committing criminal offence (might be wrong about criminal bit). They must have _something_ on your file as you were employed

Comment

How come you always seem to know so much about British law Atw? You are either a true Mastermind or.. you are making it all up as you go along.

Comment

Bit like the rest of us then.

And Indiana Jones...

Comment

Working...
              X