• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruitment agent non payment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

You can't even name them on here!

Have you gone round to the directors house and posted maggots and fish heads through their letterbox at 3am?
    Trying to do everything through legal means before i explore other avenues

Comment

Originally posted by pagrate View Post
      Thanks I contacted Safer Collections via their web site so will see what they say.

The only time I can give up is when they pay me the money I am owed
      I will do everything to get this back and ruin them professionally and will even go after the idiots in the government who have laws which allow this nonsense to go on
      You allergic to using the phone?

Oh I would spend more effort on getting a better paid contract and credit checking the agency plus directors.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Libel law in the UK

The reason the OP says they don't want to name either of the companies is in case they are sued for defamation. This surely is not the case for the old company.

A quick primer on libel laws in the UK (see the Defamation Act 2013 for more details):

Firstly, a company can only claim for defamation if they have suffered "serious harm" which is defined as causing "serious financial loss". They have no money so can clearly not suffer serious financial loss.

Secondly, if the old company wanted to sue for defamation, they would need to pay some costs and probably hire a solicitor. But they have no money, so how will they do that?

Finally, if they got some money together and managed to sue you, firstly you would counterclaim for the money they owe you. And then there are three key defences against defamation. These are:

Truth: If the OP can demonstrate what tey said is true, any claim would fail.

Honest opinion: If the OP says that the matters posted are their opinion and it is a reasonable opinion for an honest person to hold, the claim would fail.

Public interest: If the OP can demonstrate that there was a public interest to impart the information (eg to stop others being caught up), they would probably successfully defend the claim.

Comment

Working...
        X