• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car insurance when leasing a car through the company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freelancelife View Post
    Yes valid point regarding the IR35 changes next year. I think I'll stick to a Personal vehicle in this case.

As for PCP finance plans they aren't contractor friendly as I believe the finance approval is normally based on salary alone. When you pay yourself around 11k a year in terms of salary it doesn't look good for finance companies. Barclays declined a 0% APR deal once when I needed to replace a gas boiler for 4k so I had to pay 4k in cash. I'm guessing someone who earns 11k a year was flagged as not being able to re-pay a 4k loan.. Dividends are not taken into account. This is despite having a top credit rating (they don't take into consideration company profits unfortunately)..
    It's not a problem - I'm a PCP fiend and have financed some overpriced metal over the years, and never been any issues with acceptance, even when I've probably stretched myself to the limit (I've also had multiple PCP's in my name simultaneously).

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
      It's not a problem - I'm a PCP fiend and have financed some overpriced metal over the years, and never been any issues with acceptance, even when I've probably stretched myself to the limit (I've also had multiple PCP's in my name simultaneously).
      Yes, never been a problem for me either. There’s a big difference between PCP on a car and getting an unsecured interest free bank loan.

A car finance company will give a PCP to almost anyone - if the person doesn’t pay, the finance company take the car back.

A bank not giving a 0% loan might have given a loan at 5%. Or they might have given a loan if it was secured against something.

The other poster needs to understand a little about finance and how it works.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
      X