• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Portugal - Non habitual residents - remote working

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoldPlatedPermie View Post
    Thanks Blaster - that makes a lot more sense than the previous couple of replies.

So any income received as wages would be due to Portuguese tax regime and income tax. But any dividends would fall under NHR?

I intent to file for a tax number when I arrive there - probably next week. But would like to do a E101 so that NI goes to the UK. If my reading is correct.
    You need to be careful as your dividends are being paid to you from an offshore company as a result of your work in Portugal. I dare say that wouldn't work, in the same way as if you set up an offshore company in the Isle of man and paid yourself dividends from contracting income in the UK.

If you are intending to stay in Portugal for any length of time you should talk to a local accountant.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
    X