• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Forum - July minutes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    May I suggest you go back and re-read what James actually said over at the IPSE forums - I don't want to correct you on a public forum. Equally I suspect the problem may be less obvious in London / some departments than it is in say Longbenton.

But you know what people say about assumptions - on things like this we really shouldn't be making assumptions and should be pressing the point until we get an explicit confirmation...
    So why are you debating the point on here, may I ask? Take this discussion where it belongs and we can discuss it properly. Come to that, the point about who was at the table was raised earlier and answered.

Or are you saying that with your extensive knowledge of HMRC operations, the various offices are taking no notice of what Head Office is telling them? In which case there is a whole other argument to be raised...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      So why are you debating the point on here, may I ask? Take this discussion where it belongs and we can discuss it properly. Come to that, the point about who was at the table was raised earlier and answered.

Or are you saying that with your extensive knowledge of HMRC operations, the various offices are taking no notice of what Head Office is telling them? In which case there is a whole other argument to be raised...
      Reverse that last sentence and I suspect you are nearer the truth....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

A company I have worked for in the past used agency workers for manufacturing 'inside' the union forced them to convert them after 2 years to perm. Not sure if they just terminated them at 23 months I guess not otherwise they would have gone out on strike.
        If/when this rolls out industry will be having kittens. My mind says they'd have to be stupid to even try but my heart says they will because 'HMRC'. Their will certainly be a few less conservative voters.

Didn't realise ipse had a forum and I'm a member!

Comment

Originally posted by poorautojobber View Post
          A company I have worked for in the past used agency workers for manufacturing 'inside' the union forced them to convert them after 2 years to perm. Not sure if they just terminated them at 23 months I guess not otherwise they would have gone out on strike.
          If/when this rolls out industry will be having kittens. My mind says they'd have to be stupid to even try but my heart says they will because 'HMRC'. Their will certainly be a few less conservative voters.

Sounds more like they were on FTCs or something rather than B2B contracts like ours could be a different kettle of fish.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 11 October 2017, 07:20.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by poorautojobber View Post

Log into the IPSE website, then go to 'community' on your dashboard.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Log into the IPSE website, then go to 'community' on your dashboard.
              Or go direct to http://community.ipse.co.uk
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
              X