• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Forum - July minutes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    So how long do we have before this is rolled out in the private sector? Anyone got any intelligent guesses? 2-3 years?
    April the 1st.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      So how long do we have before this is rolled out in the private sector? Anyone got any intelligent guesses? 2-3 years?

Having spoken to the IR35 Helpline a lot over the last month or so (DH is newly setting up in the private sector inside IR35) they told me they were working on it now. That said, they also gave me a lot of other information that they ended up calling me back on, to correct.

It has to be in the pipeline, unfortunately, it doesn't make sense not to be.

Comment

IR35 public sector impact

Hi all

I am a journalist for BBC Radio 4 looking into the impact of the IR35 public sector rule change.

Currently we're looking for people who've been personally affected and perhaps left their contract - or seen instances of people leaving.

If you are interested, please get in touch by replying to this thread, and I'll send you a direct message.

Many thanks

Comment

Do we get to meet the PR4L?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lhgleicester View Post
            Hi all

I am a journalist for BBC Radio 4 looking into the impact of the IR35 public sector rule change.

Currently we're looking for people who've been personally affected and perhaps left their contract - or seen instances of people leaving.

If you are interested, please get in touch by replying to this thread, and I'll send you a direct message.

Many thanks
            May be worth posting on some of the social work/doctors/nurses forums i've only ever done private sector. All i can see this as is a money grab by HMRC. They got bored of losing in court so changed the rules on people so they can no longer defend themselves. Where not big enough to be able to defend ourselves legally without help and the public see an advertised job rate in the sun and think thats what ends up in our pockets they don't understand what it means to run a business. Well just suck it up, increase rates, move abroad, or go permie. HMRC seem to think this is a good idea so who am i to question they never get it wrong

Comment

Hi all

Many thanks
              You should ask IPSE too, if you haven't already.

https://www.ipse.co.uk/

Comment

Hi all

Many thanks
                Anyone who gets involved is mad. You will be be portrayed as tax evading scum. The media just does HMRC bidding.

Note that the media does not care about HMRC LYING in the meeting minutes. Or LYING to parliament. Or retrospectively changing the law.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Anyone who gets involved is mad. You will be be portrayed as tax evading scum. The media just does HMRC bidding.

Note that the media does not care about HMRC LYING in the meeting minutes. Or LYING to parliament. Or retrospectively changing the law.
                  Only get involved if you, personally, have had/have cancer or some other horrible disease in the last 5 years that can easily get sympathy where you need loads of time off.

Also if interviewed mention the disease in every other sentence e.g. do a Tony Blair as then it is harder to edit out.

Any other situation just means like Brillo says you will be made look like tax avoiding scum.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

The counterpoint to that portrayal is to make a clear, eloquent explanation of why that's not the case and keep reiterating the message. If nobody is prepared to speak out then it makes it a lot easier to say "nobody complained" (first they came for etc etc) - real cases and examples of why this is wrong speak volumes.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      The counterpoint to that portrayal is to make a clear, eloquent explanation of why that's not the case and keep reiterating the message. If nobody is prepared to speak out then it makes it a lot easier to say "nobody complained" (first they came for etc etc) - real cases and examples of why this is wrong speak volumes.
                      And also make one hell of a fuss if what they report is not what you said... which is what IPSE have already done about the minutes.

FFS if we CBA to fight this nonsense from HMRC, especially because of paranoid fears about being seen to complain, then we deserve all we get.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X