• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD Accountancy - returning to quality service standards?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gaz_M View Post
    So, still to make my mind up where to go next but first I just don't trust SJD to get my accounts right & as I'm no expert, I won't even know unless it's a glaring mistake!
    Have your new accountant's have a review of the accounts that SJD prepare before signing them off, presumably your on the spreadsheet so should be fairly straightforward to ensure all is included and reconciled.

Comment

SJD are living on borrowed time with me.

The new online accounting is awful. Riddled with errors and with things that I'm not allowed to do online but could do on the spreadsheet. Like receive interest on my bank account.

Did nobody test this before it went live?

Comment

Originally posted by dangermash View Post

The new online accounting is awful. Riddled with errors and with things that I'm not allowed to do online but could do on the spreadsheet. Like receive interest on my bank account.

Sure, his name is Bob.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by dangermash View Post

I'm still on the spreadsheet. I wasn't confident the online solution would be great and sounds like I made a good call.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
            I'm still on the spreadsheet. I wasn't confident the online solution would be great and sounds like I made a good call.
            That spreadsheet just won’t die will it :-) I created a monster.....
            P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

I'm leaving - but to where?

I've had it with SJD, company years ends in November. Gave them access to FreeAgent in January and they have only just started my company accounts now to meet the 31 August deadline.

Anyone have suggested alternatives?

Comment

SJD Accountancy - returning to quality service standards?

I’m with intouch and they have been good to me. They will support freeagent also.

But see the accountant recommendation thread too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jase View Post
                  I've had it with SJD, company years ends in November. Gave them access to FreeAgent in January and they have only just started my company accounts now to meet the 31 August deadline.

Anyone have suggested alternatives?
                  Do you mind me asking where you ended up? I too have had it with SJD. I've lost count of the number of accountants I've had in the past 9 months, my queries go unanswered for weeks on end until eventually I forward the email again. I keep nearly missing deadlines, the only reason I meet them is I remind THEM... Years ago they were so good but now I feel I'm getting fobbed off every time.

I wouldn't use them now if they were free.

Comment

Originally posted by jalopy View Post
                    Do you mind me asking where you ended up? I too have had it with SJD. I've lost count of the number of accountants I've had in the past 9 months, my queries go unanswered for weeks on end until eventually I forward the email again. I keep nearly missing deadlines, the only reason I meet them is I remind THEM... Years ago they were so good but now I feel I'm getting fobbed off every time.

Not sure if they still have this SLA, if you don't get an answer within 1 working day they will return that month's fee.

Comment

Originally posted by jalopy View Post

I ended up moving to Gorilla Accounting and am very happy with the service provided so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X