• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inside IR35 Contract, Is it worth working through limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inside IR35 Contract, Is it worth working through limited company

Hi,
    I have recently got new contract that falls under Inside IR35 .
    I was assessing weather its still good option to continue through my own limited company.

The agency will deduct tax at Basic Rate, Employee NI, Employer NI at source and will deposit around £8000/month to limited company.
    My accountant suggested as tax already deducted at source, this can taken as salary and no more tax need to be paid. Also advised not to take Pension through limited company for inside IR35 contract.

Does this not raise any more tax liability when submitting Self Assessment as Tax decuted at Basic rate only.

Would you please advise if anyone have worked through limited company for inside IR35 contracts and is it better in terms of net take home when compared working through umbrella company.

Thanks in advance.

Will the agent allow you to do this? Normally it's just umbrella or their PAYE?

We have an entire part of the forum dedicated to inside IR35 gigs so I suggest you have a look through that and you'll find your answer.

Before you make a decision though, speak to Lucy at Contractor Umbrella. They allow maximum payments in to their pension scheme for maximum tax efficiency.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X