• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Childcare Vouchers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Childcare Vouchers

Hello

I am a director of a Limited Company and want to sign myself up for Childcare Vouchers while the scheme is still open.

I am struggling to get information from suppliers about costs for set up and monthly costs without listening to a great long sales patter from them. It would just be me in the scheme, I don't suppose anyone has any recommendations of companies who could be good/idea of their charges?

Thanks in advance.

K8

Go to Google. Type in childcare vouchers site:forums.contractoruk.com and it will return all the threads where they've been discussed on here. Might be what you need. If not tweak the search to suit what you want.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You can run your own scheme if the childcare providers are willing.

Even better is if you can arrange the contract directly between YourCo and the provider. This simplified things.

Comment

Cheapest I found and not worth the hassle of running your own scheme for the amount it costs. Dead easy to set up. https://www.applechildcarevouchers.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
          Even better is if you can arrange the contract directly between YourCo and the provider. This simplified things.
          But you can't stockpile vouchers for use later if for example you're planning another sprog.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanT View Post
            But you can't stockpile vouchers for use later if for example you're planning another sprog.
            Fair point.

Comment

Childcare Vouchers

Remember, like family allowance it has a maximum earnings limit check you are below them
              Last edited by tarbera; 23 November 2017, 07:42.

Comment

You could ask your accountant. I’m surprised that’s not been suggested.

Mine told me to write a letter to the nursery, from my co, telling them the company would be paying. That was just for records. After that the nursery bills were paid direct from company bank. Once the (I think) £143 had beeen reaches Mrs.L. used her vouchers to pay, and after that we paid personally. Nursery didn’t care.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

If you don't need to stockpile vouchers as previously mentioned. Just pay the fees directly from your business bank account. Your accountant should be able to provide you with a template to hand to your childcare provider. It'll essentially say "my payments are being made by my employer for £x per month, and will stop if I leave their employment blah blah".

You don't need to/shouldn't do it the vouchers route.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanT View Post
                    There is nothing stopping you running a childcare voucher scheme internally (within your company) and stockpiling vouchers.

All you really need to do is ensure you don't provide more than £243 per month and it is spent on an approved childcare provider when the "voucher" is redeemed.

Comment

Working...
                    X