• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outside of IR35 Evidence Collection

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrjaywarren View Post
    This reminded me of something, I was offered my role as a perm prior to renewing the contract which I decline, I have this in email.

I'll also scan through some old "requests" to do things, though I doubt I have any declining responses.
    That isn't great really, it shows that there is a full time BOS "job" there, rather than your contribution being project based or providing true expert or SME knowledge.

These can either be specific software, environmental, or product to give a few examples.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      That isn't great really, it shows that there is a full time BOS "job" there, rather than your contribution being project based or providing true expert or SME knowledge.

These can either be specific software, environmental, or product to give a few examples.
      Isn't great? It's a bloody nightmare. All the evidence in the world isn't going to help you if the clients expectations is it's a full time role. Unless they are actively recruiting for that role I'd say you've got a real problem there.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

This reminded me of something, I was offered my role as a perm prior to renewing the contract which I decline, I have this in email.
        I'd be inclined to lose that email and forget it was ever sent.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          I'd be inclined to lose that email and forget it was ever sent.
          You might be right, the project is policy development, risk framework development and GDPR readiness. They have been looking for a perm to take on the operations for the above once I leave, this is what I turned down.

Comment

You might be right, the project is policy development, risk framework development and GDPR readiness. They have been looking for a perm to take on the operations for the above once I leave, this is what I turned down.
            TBH we probably all get offered perm roles quite often, usually I'm asked whether I would go perm rather than about a particular role.
            Usually along the lines of "Guess we would never get you to go perm".

NLUKs quote is key here, they need to be actively recruiting, it sounds like they are not in your case.
            Unless they are actively recruiting for that role I'd say you've got a real problem there.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              TBH we probably all get offered perm roles quite often, usually I'm asked whether I would go perm rather than about a particular role.
              Usually along the lines of "Guess we would never get you to go perm".

NLUKs quote is key here, they need to be actively recruiting, it sounds like they are not in your case.
              Yes they are, they have been for some time now. Sounds like it might be easier to just lose the email job offer

Comment

Working...
              X