• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

newbie: non-eu + contracting in brussels + uk ltd co?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie: non-eu + contracting in brussels + uk ltd co?

new to contracting, new to eu

i'm currently in the process of attaining belgian residency - through de-facto. there are some contracting opporunities i'd like to aplly for. however, to work under contract in belgium i understand i need either 1. work permit (sponsored by belgian co) or 2. establish as an independent (professinal card).

as the work to set up 2. as an independent in belgium appears to be rather complex, i wonder if there's a possibility
    for a non-eu to set up a uk limited co. and second myself to work on contract in brussels? not sure about requirement for work permit in this situation. also, don't know if having a uk working holiday permit is any advantage here. finally, as an alternative to a uk company, wonder if there's an option to consider forming an irish company (since corporate tax rates there appear more favourable) and appoint, say, an irish accountant to be one of the required resident directors?

anyone out there with experience to help me solve this conundrum?

thanks in advance.

Working...
X