• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

S/employed free accounting software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S/employed free accounting software

Any recommendations. Oh is supplying care services self employed and I get to do the books.

Anybody use a halfway decent free package ?

I've got a tulipty spreadsheet someone gave me once if you want
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

TBH a spreadsheet would probably do it. By all means DM it and I'll take a look.

There are a limited number of invoices expense claims etc.

I have downloaded GnuCash to have a look at that.

All I want is basic bookkeeping really.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
        TBH a spreadsheet would probably do it. By all means DM it and I'll take a look.

There are a limited number of invoices expense claims etc.

I have downloaded GnuCash to have a look at that.

All I want is basic bookkeeping really.
        Excel's your friend then. I have set a bookkeeping model up on Excel which works for me well.

Comment

If it’s any use, I’ve got a simple template on my website:

https://yogatax.co.uk/help/bookkeeping-template/

It’s meant for yoga teachers, but would suit any labour only one person business.

Also a guide to filing own SAR in those circumstances

https://yogatax.co.uk/help/filing-se...nt-tax-return/

HTH

Comment

I use manager.io for my limited company books. The desktop version is free. I save the file and mail it to my accountant (or mail a google Drive link). He does his bit and mails me the amended file back which I use as the new master copy. A cloud based version is also available.

I have no experience with other software but manager.io is doing the business for me. Their online support is also excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by sludgesurfer View Post
              I use manager.io for my limited company books. The desktop version is free. I save the file and mail it to my accountant (or mail a google Drive link). He does his bit and mails me the amended file back which I use as the new master copy. A cloud based version is also available.

I have no experience with other software but manager.io is doing the business for me. Their online support is also excellent.
              But wouldn't it be even better if you had all that and didn't need to send files back and forth hey
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

As I said, a cloud-based version is also available for a price. For me, mailing one file, once a year isn't a hassle especially given it's free.

Comment

Couple of my clients have used QuickFile in the past. Seems to do the trick and free I believe.

Comment

MS Money

I've been us MS Money for years and find it to be really good - they've stopped supporting it for years, but the last thing they did was to make it available for free. If you do a search it might be still available to download for free.

Comment

Working...
                    X