New contractor... please heeelp!!!! New contractor... please heeelp!!!!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 55

Still gathering requirements...

Default New contractor... please heeelp!!!!

Hello

Thank you for joining me

I am a new contractor and I will be starting the beginning of the next year

I know about the options of working under an agency as an umbrella company, or setting up an Ltd business, I am not too sure what to go for, the agency who offered me this job is not helping me for it.

I know if I will be working under the agency I will be paying much more tax, so I would like to set up my own Ltd company, and find a good accountant to sort out all the tax for me
    Any suggestion for this move will be very appreciative

Thank you very much in advance for your support

Fingers like lightning

https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...-requests.html

It's about 50 pixels up from this very post

Default Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by captainham View Post
    https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...-requests.html

It's about 50 pixels up from this very post
    Thank you!

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by hoezap View Post
    Hello

Thank you for joining me

I am a new contractor and I will be starting the beginning of the next year

I know about the options of working under an agency as an umbrella company, or setting up an Ltd business, I am not too sure what to go for, the agency who offered me this job is not helping me for it.

I know if I will be working under the agency I will be paying much more tax, so I would like to set up my own Ltd company, and find a good accountant to sort out all the tax for me
    Any suggestion for this move will be very appreciative

Thank you very much in advance for your support
    Check out some of the contractor accountants here: https://www.contractoruk.com/directo..._services.html

Check out the accountancy recommendations in the thread at the top

The accountant will be able to form your company as well if required and maybe also sort your bank account to get you up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by saptastic View Post
    Check out some of the contractor accountants here: https://www.contractoruk.com/directo..._services.html

The accountant will be able to form your company as well if required and maybe also sort your bank account to get you up and running.
    Thank you very much!

Would you suggest to ask my agency how much they would charge me to work as my umbrella company? or just go straightly towards finding the best accountant for me? wiil the agency work just the same as your accountant

thank you very much again for your support

Contractor Among Contractors

Would you suggest to ask my agency how much they would charge me to work as my umbrella company? or just go straightly towards finding the best accountant for me? wiil the agency work just the same as your accountant

thank you very much again for your support
    The accountant will give you a take home pay illustration. Not sure the agency cares as long as they get a placement.
    You could also try an umbrella company to compare. Contractor Umbrella always have good reviews. It probably depends how much you are earning and how long you are contracting for.

Some things in Moderation

The agency does not work as an umbrella, if it says it does you may have problems with the UK tax man in the future.

You need to find a separate umbrella, see the previous posters for advice.

The accountant will give you a take home pay illustration. Not sure the agency cares as long as they get a placement.
    You could also try an umbrella company to compare. Contractor Umbrella always have good reviews. It probably depends how much you are earning and how long you are contracting for.
    My plan is contracting for at least 2 years, or more the contract i have now is only for 6 months i will be earning about £900/week, who can tell me which is the best solution for me? Thank you very much again for your support

I Am Legend

My plan is contracting for at least 2 years, or more the contract i have now is only for 6 months i will be earning about £900/week, who can tell me which is the best solution for me? Thank you very much again for your support
    Have you tried https://www.contractoruk.com/calculators ?

Be very careful you go through a reputable umbrella or go limited. If a scheme sounds good to be true, it is.