• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contractor... please heeelp!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New contractor... please heeelp!!!!

Hello

Thank you for joining me

I am a new contractor and I will be starting the beginning of the next year

I know about the options of working under an agency as an umbrella company, or setting up an Ltd business, I am not too sure what to go for, the agency who offered me this job is not helping me for it.

I know if I will be working under the agency I will be paying much more tax, so I would like to set up my own Ltd company, and find a good accountant to sort out all the tax for me
    Any suggestion for this move will be very appreciative

Thank you very much in advance for your support

https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...-requests.html

It's about 50 pixels up from this very post

Comment

Thank you!

Originally posted by captainham View Post
      https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...-requests.html

It's about 50 pixels up from this very post
      Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by hoezap View Post
        Hello

Thank you for joining me

I am a new contractor and I will be starting the beginning of the next year

I know about the options of working under an agency as an umbrella company, or setting up an Ltd business, I am not too sure what to go for, the agency who offered me this job is not helping me for it.

I know if I will be working under the agency I will be paying much more tax, so I would like to set up my own Ltd company, and find a good accountant to sort out all the tax for me
        Any suggestion for this move will be very appreciative

Thank you very much in advance for your support
        Check out some of the contractor accountants here: https://www.contractoruk.com/directo..._services.html

Check out the accountancy recommendations in the thread at the top

The accountant will be able to form your company as well if required and maybe also sort your bank account to get you up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
          Check out some of the contractor accountants here: https://www.contractoruk.com/directo..._services.html

The accountant will be able to form your company as well if required and maybe also sort your bank account to get you up and running.
          Thank you very much!

Comment

Would you suggest to ask my agency how much they would charge me to work as my umbrella company? or just go straightly towards finding the best accountant for me? wiil the agency work just the same as your accountant

thank you very much again for your support

Comment

Would you suggest to ask my agency how much they would charge me to work as my umbrella company? or just go straightly towards finding the best accountant for me? wiil the agency work just the same as your accountant

thank you very much again for your support
              The accountant will give you a take home pay illustration. Not sure the agency cares as long as they get a placement.
              You could also try an umbrella company to compare. Contractor Umbrella always have good reviews. It probably depends how much you are earning and how long you are contracting for.

Comment

The agency does not work as an umbrella, if it says it does you may have problems with the UK tax man in the future.

You need to find a separate umbrella, see the previous posters for advice.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

The accountant will give you a take home pay illustration. Not sure the agency cares as long as they get a placement.
                  You could also try an umbrella company to compare. Contractor Umbrella always have good reviews. It probably depends how much you are earning and how long you are contracting for.
                  My plan is contracting for at least 2 years, or more the contract i have now is only for 6 months i will be earning about £900/week, who can tell me which is the best solution for me? Thank you very much again for your support

Comment

My plan is contracting for at least 2 years, or more the contract i have now is only for 6 months i will be earning about £900/week, who can tell me which is the best solution for me? Thank you very much again for your support
                    Have you tried https://www.contractoruk.com/calculators ?

Be very careful you go through a reputable umbrella or go limited. If a scheme sounds good to be true, it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X