• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nimble Jack Accounting - Hardeep Mangat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accounting

Originally posted by ed1982 View Post
    Like others, Nimble Jack have left me in a complete pickle recently After receiving a reminder to file my Company Accounts before a looming deadline (which I thought had already been submitted) and a VAT return pending, I have not been able to contact anyone at Nimble Jack. Completely unresponsive.

This all happened the week before Christmas and I was faced with the impossible (and stressful) task of finding someone who could help and get my accounts in order in time.

To the rescue came Terry from Vernon Associates (based in Wokingham). If you're in the area I couldn't recommend them enough - incredibly diligent, timely and nothing has been too much trouble. I have them to thank for a stress free Christmas!

I’m also with Nimble Jack and have been paying them a fairly substantial monthly direct debit, whilst they’vee been ignoring my emails. Where do I stand with this? Can they be reported to the ACCA? Has anyone done so?

Comment

Originally posted by Tentwenty View Post
      I’m also with Nimble Jack and have been paying them a fairly substantial monthly direct debit, whilst they’vee been ignoring my emails. Where do I stand with this? Can they be reported to the ACCA? Has anyone done so?
      Unfortunately I don't think ACCA will be interested in crap service. Leave is the best option.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Unfortunately I don't think ACCA will be interested in crap service. Leave is the best option.
        This firm is not following ACCA professional practices, they have ignored our professional clearance requests, if you call them, you get connected to a call centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Chart Accountancy View Post
          This firm is not following ACCA professional practices, they have ignored our professional clearance requests, if you call them, you get connected to a call centre.
          I get the impression they've basically disappeared off the face of the planet. We haven't received a response from them to any of the clearance requests we've made over the last month or two. Makes life harder, but as long as the client is reasonably clued up and/or happy to make a few calls to HMRC if required, we've largely been able to piece together the gaps.

Sad thing is I'm not really sure there's a learning point for anyone seeing this situation. As far as I can tell, Nimble Jack were a well established, reasonably well respected firm.

Comment

I've been with Nimble Jack since 2015, and in my experience they were never super pro-active and to be honest - I kept doing most of stuff myself via freeagent - but today I logged into HMRC to be greeted with "late" headline on my self assessment - looks like we've been nimble jacked, they didn't even try filing anything on our behalf. Just looked through emails - never received P60s, don't have PAYE reference numbers, nothing, just mess, and each day cost extra penalty. I literally looked up their name online and found this thread. Can't believe it's happening.

Comment

https://community.freeagent.com/free...ntant-required

This community post on FreeAgent provides some useful information on migrating your accounts to a new FreeAgent accountant. It seems pretty straightforward – you just need to contact the support email requesting a transfer and FreeAgent will contact both accountants.

It also states that if the existing accountant does not reply in 5 working days FreeAgent will automatically move your account from them to your new accountant.

If Nimble Jack aren’t responding they’ve given up the privilege of having you as a client and you shouldn’t bother with them anymore unless necessary. However, the worst part would be having to deal with potential late penalties if you missed filing your self-assessment on 31 Jan, missed filing your VAT return, etc. We have helped a few clients with situations like this.

Doing catch up work through a new accountant should be fairly straightforward, and you could appeal any late penalties citing that your accountant effectively disappeared. It’s not guaranteed that this would work though as it’s your responsibility to make sure these things are filed on time, although it’s a legitimate enough reason.

<mod snip>

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran at Bluebird View Post
                However, the worst part would be having to deal with potential late penalties if you missed filing your self-assessment on 31 Jan, missed filing your VAT return, etc.
                Potentially, but alongside that is the fact that presumably many of these businesses have paid NJ money in good faith on the basis certain bits of work will be done. Many of those bits of work now won't be done by NJ, so the client will need to find a new accountant to deal with it. Inevitably the new accountant will want to charge for this, as the fact the client had already paid an old firm isn't relevant to the new firm.

It's an unfortunate part of being in business. Same way sometimes you'll have a bad debt where a client doesn't pay despite you doing the work as agreed. Similarly sometimes you'll have an issue where you pay a supplier for something but they don't come up with the goods.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
                  Potentially, but alongside that is the fact that presumably many of these businesses have paid NJ money in good faith on the basis certain bits of work will be done. Many of those bits of work now won't be done by NJ, so the client will need to find a new accountant to deal with it. Inevitably the new accountant will want to charge for this, as the fact the client had already paid an old firm isn't relevant to the new firm.

It's an unfortunate part of being in business. Same way sometimes you'll have a bad debt where a client doesn't pay despite you doing the work as agreed. Similarly sometimes you'll have an issue where you pay a supplier for something but they don't come up with the goods.
                  But we're not a business right, we're disguised employees so HMRC will refund us this money

Comment

Nimble Jack Accounting disappeared

Originally posted by Tentwenty View Post
                    I'm in the same situation with them. I had to do my personal tax and VAT return myself. They also made sure they took the money via direct debit from my account.
                    I can't reach them via phone and they don't answer emails.

You can get in touch with the Free Agent team and they will transfer the account do you so at least you keep the account and all the history.

At this point they're not providing me with any service but still taking the money every month. I will complain about them. If you want to do the same this link might help: Making a complaint about an ACCA Member | ACCA Global

Comment

Originally posted by bclaudia View Post
                      At this point they're not providing me with any service but still taking the money every month.
                      Umm... cancel the direct debit, surely?

Comment

Working...
                      X