• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nimble Jack Accounting - Hardeep Mangat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday we stumbled onto the fact that Nimble Jack has disappeared, courtesy of the HMRC chasing our VAT return and payment. We've complained to the ACCA, as suggested in these posts. Any news or developments? Grrrr ...

Comment

I think the perceived wisdom is get another accountant on board ASAP. A freeagent one if possible. The data held on freeagent by NJ can be transferred quite easily via freeagent, but only he info held on it obviously. If you have your gateway ID you might be able to file your vat return yourself. Otherwise one of us helpful freeagent accountants will doubtless be glad to take on a new client.

Comment

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/o...U/appointments

The last filing for Nimble Jack had a Net Asset Value of £118....
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by BookPR View Post
          Yesterday we stumbled onto the fact that Nimble Jack has disappeared, courtesy of the HMRC chasing our VAT return and payment. We've complained to the ACCA, as suggested in these posts. Any news or developments? Grrrr ...
          Although I probably shouldn't say this as an ACCA member of 30 years... but don't hold your breath on them being useful. First there is little they can do, secondly there will be even less they will be interested in doing. Its a sad fact that they live in an ivory tower.

Comment

I know from a couple of reliable sources that Hardeep has had some kind of mental breakdown. I know it’s rough on the contractors concerned but I reckon he’s not having it easy either.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
              I know from a couple of reliable sources that Hardeep has had some kind of mental breakdown. I know it’s rough on the contractors concerned but I reckon he’s not having it easy either.
              Yeah - that is a tough one. Away from Accounting, my other role has me training for work in that area. Its still a neglected issue, even in enlightened 2018

Comment

I just got a penalty for late filing of my accounts. Thanks Nimble Jack - all whilst still taking a monthly Direct Debit.

Livid. In total this is going to cost me thousands of pounds to rectify. What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by ziro View Post
                  I just got a penalty for late filing of my accounts. Thanks Nimble Jack - all whilst still taking a monthly Direct Debit.

Livid. In total this is going to cost me thousands of pounds to rectify. What a joke.
                  I’m not excusing Hardeep or his business...

But.....

did you not notice that the accounts were getting towards the deadline?

Or did you simply wait for the hmrc penalty letter?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
                    Thats correct Harfeep Mangat also has a previous criminal conviction in 2002 and he has just been convicted again last week.

<mod snip>
                    Last edited by S Singh; 26 March 2018, 22:16.

Comment

Mods shouldn't this thread be closed now? I can't imagine any further comments are likely to be constructive.

Comment

Working...
                      X