• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invoice payment is lost

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoice payment is lost

I'm looking for some advice.
    I've been told that my agency has paid my invoice which should have been received into my account on Friday.
    The bank had locked my account which is all sorted now.
    The bank cannot find any record of s payment sent to my account and the agency are saying they the payment has not been returned to them.

No one knows where the payment is - what should my next steps be? Who would be liable for the payment? I'm still without any payment at all!

Thanks

Originally posted by TASmith View Post
    The bank had locked my account which is all sorted now.
    The answer probably lies in the truth behind this sentence.
    Why was your account locked?
    When was it unlocked?
    When did the agency try to make the payment?

Pending the truth, contact the agency to confirm the payment went through successfully.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It may well be in a suspense account at sending or receiving bank.

Agency will have to ask their bank to trace it. May not be an immediate resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica@WhiteFieldTax View Post
        It may well be in a suspense account at sending or receiving bank.

Agency will have to ask their bank to trace it. May not be an immediate resolution.
        We may be in suspense all Christmas, one thinks

Comment

Working...
        X