• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Redundancy / Resignation or Termination or Employment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: redundanct etc

sp5 knows his onions on this one.

The company is looking at increasing the 1st time fix rate of the Help Desk. This is reasonable and as sp5 says no job is fixed in stone. If the company has done all it can to help employees make the move (and 2 out of 3 says it has... :\ ), a Tribunal will probably find in its favour.

I think the best your friend can do is to jump before he gets pushed...

Comment

Re: redundanct etc

Thanks everyone

Interesting Views, as it turns out, the Company are offering a Redundancy payment, and offering help with looking for the next job.

The person involved has accepted the offer so will be going quietly now if it was me, I may have not been so agreeable I would not be surprised if in fact the company do not actually take on a 3rd person, I feel they were trying to find a way to cut their costs.

I also feel this company is ripe for take-over by one of the big Software Companies :lol as this is not the only thing going on at the company.

Comment

Working...
      X