• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invest my LTD funds into stock?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invest my LTD funds into stock?

Hello,

I'd like to invest some of my LTD leftover money into stock and shares. Do you know where I can invest money? Most of the platform only allow personal investment. But not for company.

Who do you use?

Thank you.

Originally posted by cwah View Post
    Hello,

I'd like to invest some of my LTD leftover money into stock and shares. Do you know where I can invest money? Most of the platform only allow personal investment. But not for company.

Who do you use?

Thank you.
    You mean leftover as in above and beyond a 6 month to year warchest? I'd check with your accountant to see if he thinks this is the most efficient thing to do.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If you've not used your full pension allowance consider doing that instead (even if only for the tax relief). That would be a better idea IMHO.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

The problem with investing through your Ltd, besides contributing towards a SIPP and investing there, is that you get no CGT allowance and will pay corporation tax on any gains you make, then further income tax on any dividends paid to extract those investment profits.

There’s also the risk if your investment activity outweighs your trading that you lose the ability to claim ER in future.

Comment

Short answer = "Don't do it".

Comment

Working...
          X