• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Legal firm recommendation - loan agreement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
    I'm sure it's fine. To be honest given as NLUK said it's basically from "you" to "you" if it was me I wouldn't bother with anything formal at all. Surely you're not going to get one company you own to sue the other for breach of loan agreement?!

^^this is not professional advice
    Ok thanks, and I won't take it as professional advice. But yours and everybody's comments have honestly been really helpful! I don't now think this needs to be as complicated as I originally thought in my head, which is great.

Comment

It may be worth checking that the articles allow this sort of activity. I imagine they do.

The practical consequences of breaching the articles are probably nil.

Comment

Originally posted by tkmk View Post
        Hi guys

I have my established limited company as a contractor and I've created a new totally separate limited company for a side hustle

I would like to loan my new company some money from my existing company, for which I'll need a loan agreement. Can anybody recommend a company or website where I can get advice and an agreement drawn up? I have searched on Google but difficult to assess the options, so looking for a decent referral.

Thanks!

just a thought. Why loan it? Why not just make it a capital investment? It amounts to much the same thing but without any complex paperwork.
        Oh and the company owns the company.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
        X