• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outside of IR35 so I should opt out ? or I shouldn't ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aeroeng View Post
    My due date is tomorrow, I had the contract before, so I read it. I asked them if they will change any clause and they said clauses will be same as the one they sent me , but thy will just add my personal details on it. If I will be introduced to the client tomorrow, I am naturally opt in and even if they ask me to opt out, it wouldn't be valid yes ?
    Well that's your IR35 status stuffed and your insurances invalidated then.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 29 January 2018, 07:20.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Well that's your IR35 status stuffed and your insurances invalidated then.
      What invalidates the insurance?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        What invalidates the insurance?
        If they've made the contract with him personally. His insurances will be for his business no?

Comment

If they've made the contract with him personally. His insurances will be for his business no?
          If the contract is not between the businesses, then there is no insurance that applies. That does not invalidate any insurance policy that the business has in place.

I would suspect that the contract will be between the agency and the limited company, possibly with a preferred named consultant on the schedule, which would mean that any business to business insurance would be in place, and having a preferred named consultant (with a valid right of substitution clause) would not impact IR35 one iota.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Just as I was reading this, I got a right to represent email form Michael Bailey Associates.

it contained this sentence

The best advice we have received from our Solicitors is from a Tax / IR35 point of view you are better Opting out
            What a bullsh*t
            Told them I'm not opting out

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              Just as I was reading this, I got a right to represent email form Michael Bailey Associates.

it contained this sentence

What a bullsh*t
              Told them I'm not opting out
              It's probably true though - if you are the agency.

As a standard contractor though....

The opt out is only really relevant for contractors that have staff or use subbies extensively (which is why it exists). The commercial benefits of opting out, beyond the possibility of negotiating a better contract, are minimal to non-existent. And as you say, it has f*** all to do with IR35.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I have sent cert of incorp. to the agency so they can issue a contract.( I still didn't receive it ) Today they asked me to fill limited compliance screening and send it to them.

There is a section saying in limited compliance screening saying ;

NO: YOU HAVE DECLINED TO OPT OUT:
                Under the Conduct Regulations, Agency is restricted from introducing a Contractor to the Client without first having obtained confirmation of the Contractor’s identity and further confirmation that the Contractor has the experience, training, qualifications and authorisation, as considered necessary by the Client, or as required by law. You are required to provide the following prior to commencement of the assignment:
                By ticking ‘No’ you agree to provide the following documentation:
                * Proof of Address (Utility bill or bank statement).
                * Detail relating to education, experience and training pertinent for the Services being provided to the Client if not specified on CV.
                * Copies of all relevant certificates, licences, qualifications etc. if not already provided.
                * References: Your account representative will notify you of referencing requirements.

I've already started to work, got my card and everything... prior starting, I did proof of address, I filled vetting pack which included education, experience, certificates, and sent references.

I'm sure I ve already done those well before choosing the limited company option.

Comment

Don't ever start a gig without signing a contract again. Noobie mistake.

Comment

Don't ever start a gig without signing a contract again. Noobie mistake.
                    I have informed them about the delay in my certificates and they said it will have no effect on my start date. I already clocked in and out today. Everything is set and running. They will back date the contract on today's date once it is ready.

I will ask them about not to opt out section since it seems I have already done those requirements during the vetting process

Comment

Originally posted by aeroeng View Post
                      I have informed them about the delay in my certificates and they said it will have no effect on my start date. I already clocked in and out today. Everything is set and running. They will back date the contract on today's date once it is ready.

I will ask them about not to opt out section since it seems I have already done those requirements during the vetting process
                      I don't care. Don't start a gig without a signed contract.

Comment

Working...
                      X